O*NET Web Services Data License
In most cases, O*NET Web Services account holders are free to publish data returned from the O*NET Web Services APIs or the Interactive Demo feature within their own sites or applications, without additional requirements beyond the Terms of Service. The full license conditions are outlined below.
This license applies only to data sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, and developed by the National Center for O*NET Development ("O*NET data"). Data from external sources is not covered; see License Exceptions below. Content from other areas of the O*NET Web Services website, including documentation from the Reference Manual, is not covered; see the O*NET Web Services Site Content License page.
Registered O*NET Web Services account holders may publish or otherwise publicly use O*NET data obtained through O*NET Web Services APIs within their websites or applications, provided that they:
- Maintain a Web Services account in good standing. This license expires if your account is suspended or terminated for any reason.
Abide by all conditions in the Terms of Service.
In particular, account holders are reminded that they must:
- Acknowledge the use of O*NET Web Services and link to this site (term 5);
- Register the URL of the site or application leveraging Web Services (term 7);
- Present O*NET data without alteration or modification (term 8a).
- Do not extend to third parties the right to share O*NET data under these terms. This license is non-transferable and only allows the registered Web Services account holder to republish O*NET data. For example, if your application is a web services API, these terms do not automatically allow your clients to publish or share O*NET data received from that API. See Other Options for Sharing Data below for alternative licensing options.
How to Credit Us
This site incorporates information from O*NET Web Services by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
The Terms of Service and the above Data License require that you credit and link to O*NET Web Services in all products using the Services. You may use the logo and/or text provided above to comply with this requirement. Replace the word "site" with "application," "service," etc. as appropriate for your usage. Different sizes and formats of the "O*NET in-it" logo are available on our O*NET Graphics page.
O*NET Web Services are sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA), and developed by the National Center for O*NET Development.
O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA. The trademark symbol must be properly displayed when referring to O*NET. When using the O*NET name, users must use "O*NET" as an adjective, not as nouns or verbs, followed by the proper generic product name. For example: "...with O*NET data," "...formulated from O*NET data," or "...includes information from the O*NET database," not "...includes O*NET." In addition, the O*NET name must not appear in the possessive or plural form.
O*NET Web Services results may include content from the following external sources, which are not covered by the license and may be subject to copyright and/or other restrictions. See the External Data Sources page for a full listing.
Other Options for Sharing Data
- Data from the O*NET Interest Profiler services may be shared under a choice of licenses. See the O*NET Career Exploration Tools License page for more information.
- Data from the O*NET 27.3 Database may be shared under a Creative Commons license. See the O*NET 27.3 Database License page for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact O*NET Customer Service (email@example.com).